Brodeur pulled himself from a start against the Winnipeg Jets Sunday, complaining of back pain. With New Jersey having a couple days off, the though was some rest would cure what was ailing Brodeur
He was placed on IR retroactive to Deb. 24, so he will miss the next two games, both on the road, Thursday at Winnipeg and Saturday at Buffalo.
“He’s still sore and it’s kind of foolish to put him on a plane with a back situation,” GM Lou Lamoriello said. “He won’t play in Winnipeg, so let’s give him the time to get right and it will be retroactive to Sunday, so he’ll be eligible (to play) after the Buffalo game (Saturday).”
Johan Hedberg figures to start for the immediate future, but he has struggled in losing his last two games and is now 2-3-1 for the season with a 2.65 goals-against average.
“The results haven’t been there, obviously, the last three games,” Hedberg told Tom Gulitti of the Bergen record. “It’s 14 goals in the three games. That’s not something I want to keep going with. But I still feel like I’m doing the right things most of the time. There’s some things I think I didn’t do as well last game as I wanted to and some of that has to do with handling the puck, getting my head up a bit more and making better decisions with the puck.
“Other than that, I just have to keep doing what I do when I play my best and, hopefully, the puck is going to hit me instead of hitting the net.”
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New Jersey Devils Lose Game and Martin Brodeur to Injury
- Martin Brodeur Earns 120th Career Shutout in New Jersey Devils Victory Over Philadelphia Flyers
- New Jersey Devils Beat New York Rangers Thanks to Strong Play from Brodeur and Clarkson
- New Jersey Devils Brodeur, Clarkson, Greene Join Charity Hockey Game Roster
- Alex Ovechkin Hat Trick Sinks New Jersey Devils
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qjg